Sunday, March 19, 2017

My take: "Poll Vault"

How to win an election our local setting?
Identifying your electorate, knowing their wants (not necessarily their needs)
Make yourself visible or noticeable in any occasion being attended by the electorate
Have a good noticeable corporeal appeal  
Be a kinsfolk of most of the electorate
Image branding – project an image very much enjoyable and entertaining to them
Presenting a full battery of accomplishments, either tangible or hoax
Making an irresistible offer


Why should I not win an election?
I don’t wish to project an image that I am not.
I seriously don not know my electorate and did not plan on pleasing my electorate prior to an election for the sake of getting votes
I know how to sing or dance or I can do anything that might be entertaining but I opt not to do it because I believe it will not prove any point relevant
I do not ask support from anybody to help me project a good image
Never can I make an impolite proposal

Why should I think I can win an election?
Because I refuse to believe that decency and all virtuous deeds were already lost to this day
Because I still believe in truthfulness in an election exercise
Because there are people that still believe in righteousness and they will decide on right candidate then wish that there still hope for better future

What makes me unique from the rest of the candidates?

I am a Scout for life.

When I was still a young boy, I was encouraged to join the Scouting movement because of the enormous excitement to experience the great outdoors.  A unique delight that you get to relish outside of your regular life, away from all of your comfort zones. 


Today, 51 years after, having done most of the things I dreamt of when I was young, still I am connected with the great outdoors. I am an Outdoorsman by my career. I design, plan and organize hiking, camping, climbing, trekking/mountaineering and backpacking activities for pleasure or adventure tourism purposes. I am a part of a group that facilitates team building programs for schools and offices. And we are conducting those activities for non-scouting members. Little do these people know that I designed those activities very much comparable to “the scouting way”. 

I deal with scouts and scouters through”the scouting way”  inside the Scouting Organization. Similarly, I deal with non-scouts  the “scouting way” outside the Scouting organization. So I am a scout for life and I am being a Scout inside and out, front and back….side-to side.

I will not brag about my accomplishments for the years I have been in the Scouting Organization.
Having been here in the executive board since 2002 I made a self-imposition that I will do my best to serve and sacrifice my time and effort in every opportunity given to me along the way. It’s has been 14 years since then. Sa mga taong konti lang ang ginagawa….tila nakababagot ang panahon, Ngunit sa mga taong bukas sa anumang hamon ng kahit anong Gawain, maliit man o malaki….parang kulang at kulang ang oras para mapunuan ng mga dapat mong isakatuparan.

For my so called accomplishments….wala po akong maikukwento sa inyo dahil nalimutan ko na po ang mga iyon. I never collated certificates of commendation, participation or good performance. Sa akin po kasi….immaterial na ang mga iyon. Mababaw lang po ang kaligayahan ko. Nakuha ko na po ang fulfillment ko noong mga oras na nagsisilbi ako sa mga bata, sa mga scoutleaders at magiging scout leaders pa ng aking mother council o sa buong Scouting organization, lokal man o internasyunal. Tapos na po iyon doon pa lang.


No, hindi ko din naman po ninais o pinipilit na maging kakaiba…totoo lang po ako sa aking nararamdaman at iyon po ang nais kong i-sa-wika at isagawa.


Idinadalangin ko po ang inyong pangunawa…..

No comments:

Post a Comment